Rhedir gan Bangor Business School - (Changsha)
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Ms Wendy Ashurst
To develop students understanding of the core components of macroeconomics, building upon the material introduced in first year Introduction to Economics. To provide a basis on which to study theoretical and applied macroeconomics in third year modules.
In particular, the module will extend students’ analytical skills in relation to classical and Keynesian theories of the macroeconomy, and develop their understanding of policy interventions.
• The role of macroeconomics, macroeconomic variables and statistics; • Introduction to schools of thought; • The classical model; • The Keynesian model; • Aggregate demand and supply analysis; • The Phillips curve; • The role of expectations; • Open economy macroeconomics; • Macroeconomic policy debates: monetary policy, fiscal policy, exchange rate policy, government debt management; • Theories of consumption; • Theories of growth.
Excellent standard: 70+: An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Average Standard: 50-59: Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
High Standard: 60-69: Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Satisfactory standard: 40-49: No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work’s objectives.
Solve simple macroeconomics models.
Explain major macroeconomic concepts and terms.
Explain the linkages and connections among macroeconomic variables.
Understand the relationships between the domestic economy and the global economy.
Comment critically upon macroeconomic policy.
Contrast mainstream macroeconomic models.
|PRAWF DOSBARTH||: Class Test 1 hour||
|ARHOLIAD||Final Examination 1 hour||
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Classes: 1-hour of small group classes each week from week 2 onwards.
4-hour lecture in week 1. 3-hour lecture in all other weeks.
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N405: BSc Accounting & Finance (Bangor College, China) year 2 (BSC/AFBC)
- N392: BSc Banking & Finance (Bangor College, China) year 2 (BSC/BFINBC)