Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Prof John Ashton
This module provides an introduction to the objectives and nature of marketing as a business function. The central focus is on the process by which organisations identify customer needs and wants, determine which target markets can best be served and design appropriate programmes to serve these markets. Marketing is both a core business function and an organisation-wide philosophy. The marketing concept goes to the heart of an organisation’s need to articulate and pursue objectives, whilst generating value for its different stakeholders.
The module emphasises the concept of customer value; it also explores and evaluates the decisions and approaches available to organisations for delivering customer value. This includes consideration of the various elements of the marketing mix, such as the role of product, brand, price, promotion, place and people.
Marketing environment, Marketing Research, Differentiation [segmentation, targeting, positioning], Consumers’ buying behaviour and the decision process, Marketing strategy and its implementation, Ethics, the Global Market Place, Customers relationships and value, Marketing of services; Creating Comparative Advantage
A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Understand the main traits of consumer buying behaviour and their impact
Appraise the main components of a marketing strategy
Understand the key concepts in marketing, such as segmentation and targeting
Display an understanding of the ever-changing nature of the marketing environment and how this impacts on marketing activities
Locate and analyse information about organisations and their marketing activities
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
2 x 1 hour lectures to be held weekly throughout Semester 1 and Semester 2
a 1 hour fortnightly tutorial to discuss in more detail particular aspects of the work and to examine case studies in order to apply concepts
this will include directed reading form prescribed text book as well as other recommended reading from other sources, including journals. In addition research to complete course work assignments and general revision for end of module examination
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Numeracy: the use of quantitative skills to manipulate data, evaluate, estimate and model business problems, functions and phenomena.
- Networking: an awareness of the interpersonal skills of effective listening, negotiating, persuasion and presentation and their use in generating business contacts.
- Ability to work collaboratively both internally and with external customers and an awareness of mutual interdependence.
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
- Self reflection: self-analysis and an awareness/sensitivity to diversity in terms of people and cultures. This includes a continuing appetite for development.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/etb-1600.html
Principles of Marketing [7th European edition ] Kotler, Armstrong, Harris & Piercy cyhoeddwyr; Pearson
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N223: BSc Industrial Management year 1 (BSC/IM)
- N82M: BSc International Bus in Tourism & Hospitality (Franchised) year 1 (BSC/PIBTH)
- N83M: BSc Tourism & Hospitality: Managemt Leadership (Franchised) year 1 (BSC/PTHML)