Electronics Team Project
Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Cristiano Palego
To tackle an industrially inspired group project. This will involve working in a team to identify a new product opportunity, putting the technical aspects of the project in the wider social and environmental context by studying the market, and health and safety aspects of the product. Development of presentation and project management skills will be pursued in a learning environment that is shaped to reproduce the time and financial constraints regulating real industry operation.
Indicative Content includes:
- Frameworks for innovation and design, McKinney’s FIRE. User Centred Design. Design in the Toyota Production System.
- Compliance with codes and regulations (health and safety, international standards).
- Team creation and management through design, testing, finances and human resources divisions.
- Project management through utilization of tools such as Gantt charts, design reviews, product specifications, performance modelling and characterisation.
- Earning project funding in a competitive environment by periodically presenting own teamwork before an investors board.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Appreciate the wider social and environmental aspects of a new product
Apply management frameworks to successfully complete a project.
Apply theoretical knowledge to the design of a new product.
Exercise Presentational Skills in a broad range of contexts.
|CYFLWYNIAD GRWP||Milestone 1||
Usually focusing on project ideal selection and development
|CYFLWYNIAD GRWP||Milestone 2||
Typically focusing on project management and dissemination
|CYFLWYNIAD GRWP||Milestone 3||
Typically focusing on prototype design
|CYFLWYNIAD GRWP||Milestone 4||
Typically focusing on circuit testing and modeling
|CYFLWYNIAD GRWP||Final Milestone (MS5)||
Typically focusing on final prototype demonstration
20-page mini-dissertation showing project aim, design, modeling and testing.
|GWAITH CWRS||Individual Performance Bonus||
Determines individual contribution within team performance. Assigned through internal team peer evaluation.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
|Practical classes and workshops||
Tutor-directed and supported practical work contributing to the group project (3hrs x 12 weeks).
Individual work in support of project objectives, progress meetings with team members. Preparing reports and presentations.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Identify emerging technologies and technology trends;
- Apply underpinning concepts and ideas of engineering;
- Assess and choose optimal methods and approaches for the specification, design, implementation and evaluation of engineering solutions, especially ones that include embedded microprocessors
- Formulate and analyse requirements and practical constraints of products, processes and services, place them in an engineering context and manage their implementation;
- Solve problems logically and systematically;
- Assess and choose optimal methods and approaches for the specification, design, implementation and evaluation of engineering solutions.
- Systematically review factors affecting the implementation of a project, including safety and sustainability;
- Plan, budget, organise and manage people and resources;
- Agree objectives and work plans with individuals;
- Appreciate the importance of designing products with due regard to good laboratory practice, health and safety considerations and ethical issues.
- Access and synthesize information and literature sources;
- Use both verbal and written communication skills to different target audiences;
- Communicate proposals persuasively and respond positively to feedback;
- Analyse and display data using appropriate methods and mathematical techniques;
- Demonstrate familiarity with relevant subject specific and general computer software packages.
- Demonstrate an awareness of current advances and contemporary approaches in the discipline and have strategies for keeping that awareness current;
- Demonstrate an awareness of the need to work safely and comply within relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks;
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- H610: BENG Electronic Engineering (3 yrs) year 2 (BENG/ELE)
- H62B: BEng Electronic Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 2 (BENG/ELE1)
- H61F: BEng Electronic Engineering year 2 (BENG/ELEF)
- H621: BEng Electronic Engineering with International Experience year 2 (BENG/ELEIE)
- H611: BSc Electronic Engineering year 2 (BSC/ELE)
- H63B: BSc Electronic Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 2 (BSC/ELE1)
- H622: BSc Electronic Engineering with International Experience year 2 (BSC/ELEIE)
- H661: MEng Control and Instrumentation Engineering year 2 (MENG/CIE)
- H601: MEng Electronic Engineering (4 yrs) year 2 (MENG/EE)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- H612: BEng Computer Systs Eng (3 yrs) year 2 (BENG/CSE)
- H61B: BEng Computer Sys Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 2 (BENG/CSE1)
- H617: MEng Computer Systs Eng (4 yrs) year 2 (MENG/CSE)
- H619: MEng Computer Systems Engineering (with International Exper) year 2 (MENG/CSEIE)
- H61P: Computer Systems Engineering with Industrial Placement year 2 (MENG/CSEP)