Law for non-Lawyers 1
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School - (Changsha)
10 Credyd neu 5 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Ms Wendy Ashurst
The aim of this module is:
To provide students with an overview of the key aspects of the English System and an Introduction to Business Law.
To enable students to study key areas of substantive law and their importance associated with the legal system of England and Wales
The module introduces the student to the legal system of England and Wales, providing a framework to study ‘What is Law’. It will provide an outline of the essential differences between common law and civil law systems and relate these to legal developments in China. It will also provide students with a brief introduction to areas of substantive law such as the essentials of contract; the tort or negligence and business formation.
60-69 A comprehensive answer, containing all the material relevant to the question and no irrelevancy, all the material and references being accurate and correct, there being no inaccuracy or error, the whole presented in an argument which, while clear, logical and critical, leaves room for improvement in its construction and presentation. An answer which shows complete competence in the subject.
70+ An outstanding, possibly brilliant, answer, containing all the material relevant to the question and no irrelevancy, all the material and references being accurate and correct, there being no inaccuracy or error, the whole presented in a clear, logical, critical argument with little room for improvement. An answer which demonstrates a complete mastery of the subject.
40-49% An answer which, while predominantly correct in its presentation of material, contains a significant level of error and is therefore not entirely reliable.
C- i C+
C- to C+ An answer which, while always in the main accurate and correct, fails to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant material and is lacking in criticism. An answer which while reliable with regard to correctness is either not comprehensive or not entirely pertinent
Demonstrate a knowledge of the basic principles of how law applies to business, including the formation of contracts, the tort of negligence and the alternative forms of business available, including the advantages and disadvantages of incorporation
Demonstrate an ability to undertake independent legal research including the use of appropriate academic data bases.
Demonstrate a knowledge of the essentials of a contact and the key elements in establishing the tort of negligence
Demonstrate an ability to communicate legal information, both orally and in writing in English
|End of Semester Exam 2 hours||100|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Lectures 4 lecture weeks of 4 2 hour lectures
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Core textbook Law for non lawyers Aled Griffiths, Jennifer Pritchard-Jones 2015
Understanding Law J. N. Adams, Roger Brownsword 2006