Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
10 Credyd neu 5 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Joseph Mearman
To provide an introduction to Python Programming including: algorithms development for computer programs, data types; control structures; methods; stepwise refinement; arrays; systematic documentation; input/output and file handling and libraries.
Indicative content includes:
Use variables; variable names; primitive data types; arithmetic operators; relational operators; boolean operators; evaluation of arithmetic and boolean expressions; assignment of values to variables; strings; arrays; array algorithms to develop solutions to given problems.
Concept of an algorithm; basic control structures - sequencing, selection and iteration.
The use of a file; structure of a text file; methods for file I/O; binary data and files; formatting output.
Correct use of code indentation; use of comments; choice of variable, class and method names;
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Design and build a structured applications using a range of programming techniques.
Use predefined libraries to capitalise on features of the programming language.
Write programs which adhere to style and documentation guidelines.
Use the basic structure and features of a programming language
Paradise exercises toward assessed components
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Tutor-directed private study, including individual assessments.
Practical laboratories, including support for assessments (3hrs x 12 weeks).
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Apply an understanding and appreciation of continuous improvement techniques
- Demonstrate familiarity with relevant subject specific and general computer software packages.
- Problem solving strategies
- Deploy theory in design, implementation and evaluation of systems
- Knowledge of management techniques to achieve objectives
- Development of general transferable skills
- Defining problems, managing design process and evaluating outcomes
- Knowledge and understanding of computational modelling
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N109: BSc Bus Analytics w Financial Tech (Subject to validation) year 1 (BSC/BAFT)
- N312: BSc Banking with Financial Tech (Subject to validation) year 1 (BSC/BKFT)
- I110: BSc Computer Information Systems year 1 (BSC/CIS)
- I11B: BSc Computer Information Systems (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/CIS1)
- IN00: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business year 1 (BSC/CISB)
- IN0B: BSc Computer Information Sys for Bus (4 year w Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/CISB1)
- H113: BSc Data Science and Machine Learning year 1 (BSC/DSML)
- H114: BSc Data Science and Visualisation year 1 (BSC/DSV)