Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
30.000 Credyd neu 15.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
To allow students to:
- pursue an in-depth study of a topic/area relevant to their programme.
- apply an appropriate process/methodology to designing, implementing/building and evaluating their solution.
- explore and understand the wider impact of their work, including pertinent professional, ethical, social, technological, legal, and environmental aspects.
- convey the results of their work, using a variety of media, to a varied audience within their field.
Project topics are varied and specific to the discipline. Students are able to select their own in consultation with academic staff.
Electronic Engineering examples include communication systems, sensors, optoelectronics, polymer electronics, bioelectronics, signal processing, real time systems, distributed networks, robotics, and control systems.
Computer Science examples include databases, data analysis, artificial intelligence, computer graphics, gaming, virtual environments, computer vision, visualisation, and pattern recognition.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Select, apply and explain an appropriate research method for the chosen project.
Exercise self-management and discipline to achieve the goal within the project constraints.
Construct/develop a suitable solution to underlying an problem or research questions.
Communicate findings of their work, including summarising related works, to academics, peers and the wider community.
|Careers and Projects Expo Poster||10.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Students meet with an assigned member of academic staff each week. These meetings are, on average, 10 minutes long (24 x 10 minutes)
Self-study, research, technical work, crafting written work.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Access and synthesize information and literature sources;
- Use both verbal and written communication skills to different target audiences;
- Demonstrate familiarity with relevant subject specific and general computer software packages.
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Use of such knowledge in modelling and design
- Problem solving strategies
- Deploy theory in design, implementation and evaluation of systems
- Recognise legal, social, ethical & professional issues
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and economic issues
- Evaluate systems in terms of quality and trade-offs
- Deploy tools effectively
- Defining problems, managing design process and evaluating outcomes
- Knowledge and/or understanding of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
- Knowledge and understanding of mathematical principles
- Principles of appropriate supporting engineering and scientific disciplines
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- H612: BEng Computer Systs Eng (3 yrs) year 3 (BENG/CSE)
- H61B: BEng Computer Sys Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BENG/CSE1)
- H610: BENG Electronic Engineering (3 yrs) year 3 (BENG/ELE)
- H62B: BEng Electronic Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BENG/ELE1)
- H61F: BEng Electronic Engineering year 3 (BENG/ELEF)
- H621: BEng Electronic Engineering with International Experience year 4 (BENG/ELEIE)
- I110: BSc Computer Information Systems year 3 (BSC/CIS)
- I11B: BSc Computer Information Systems (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/CIS1)
- IN00: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business year 3 (BSC/CISB)
- IN0B: BSc Computer Information Sys for Bus (4 year w Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/CISB1)
- IN02: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business (Franchised) year 3 (BSC/CISBF)
- I111: BSc Computer Information Systems with International Exp year 4 (BSC/CISIE)
- I11P: BSc Computer Information Systems with Industrial Placement year 4 (BSC/CISP)
- G400: BSC Computer Science year 3 (BSC/CS)
- I103: BSc Computer Science with Game Design year 3 (BSC/CSGD)
- GW49: BSC Creative Technologies year 3 (BSC/CT)
- H118: BSc Data Science & Artificial Intelligencetellig year 3 (BSC/DSAI)
- H113: BSc Data Science and Machine Learning year 3 (BSC/DSML)
- H114: BSc Data Science and Visualisation year 3 (BSC/DSV)
- H6W3: BSc Electronic Engineering and Music year 3 (BSC/EEM)
- H611: BSc Electronic Engineering year 3 (BSC/ELE)
- H63B: BSc Electronic Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BSC/ELE1)
- H622: BSc Electronic Engineering with International Experience year 4 (BSC/ELEIE)
- H117: MComp Computer Science year 3 (MCOMP/CS)
- H661: MEng Control and Instrumentation Engineering year 3 (MENG/CIE)
- H617: MEng Computer Systs Eng (4 yrs) year 3 (MENG/CSE)
- H601: MEng Electronic Engineering (4 yrs) year 3 (MENG/EE)