Solo Performance Year 2
Rhedir gan School of Music and Media
20 Credyd neu 10 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Iwan Llewelyn Jones
- Build on and enhance the skills acquired in Year 1 Solo Performance module
- Advance and refine the student's instrumental or vocal technique
The students will be expected to build on and expand skills already established during the solo performance modules in Year 1. This will be carried out through individual instrumental or vocal tuition. The tutor will provide consultation and help construct a projected programme of stylistically-varied technical and interpretive solo repertoire for the students to explore that will benefit the individual’s technical and musical development.
For singers, and players of orchestral instruments, the School will arrange for a professional accompanist to be available, if required.
Students are also required to inform the module coordinator at least three weeks in advance of the recital if any technical playback equipment is required. If the student has not observed this instruction and the appropriate equipment is not available at the allocated time of the recital, the student will be expected to perform without it (which will be reflected in the grade, as appropriate) or the recital will have to be re-scheduled and it will count as a late submission (i.e. be capped at 40% or at 0%).
The repertoire you wish to perform in the performance assessment should be submitted as a text document (outlining the title, composer and durations) on BlackBoard, and also as two copies of a full score (for examiner and accompanist) to be submitted to the Music Office in week 9 of Semester 2.
Please note: Although this module runs officially in Semester 2, instrumental/vocal tuition and workshops run throughout the year.
A performance displaying limited musicality and technique, together with restricted attention to relevant notational and stylistic demands.
A performance which is persuasive, displaying good levels of interpretative ability, musicality and technique, together with overall attention to relevant notational and stylistic demands.
A performance which is compelling and convincing, displaying high levels of interpretative ability, musicality and technique, together with evidence of careful attention to relevant notational and stylistic demands.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate the ability to collaborate with the accompanist (or backing track): noting tempo changes, and a secure understanding of the piano part (or backing track).
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate the ability to collate and perform a programme of mixed repertoire which addresses a range of performance styles, tempi and articulations.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate the ability to respond to dynamic directions and project these in performance.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Individual lessons, total duration of 12 hours with an instrumental or vocal instructor, scheduled across the whole year
Taking feedback from instrumental/vocal lessons/workshops and applying this to daily practice. This should be reinforced with research into composers, repertoire, recordings and scores.
22 workshops, 2 hours each, across the whole year, on various aspects of performance technique (including performance practice, musicological concerns, presentation skills and organisational skills). During the course of the workshops, each student prepares and performs a work, with accompaniment where applicable. Verbal feedback is provided in each workshop.
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/wxp-2241.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- W3P3: BA Astudiaethau'r Cyfr & Cherdd year 2 (BA/ACC)
- WW93: BA Creative Studies and Music year 2 (BA/CSTMUS)
- 32N6: BA English Literature and Music year 2 (BA/ELM)
- VW23: BA Hanes Cymru a Cherddoriaeth year 2 (BA/HCAC)
- VW13: BA History and Music year 2 (BA/HMU)
- W3H6: BA Music and Electronic Engineering year 2 (BA/MEE)
- WV33: Music & Hist & Welsh Hist (IE) year 2 (BA/MHIE)
- W303: BA Music (with International Experience) year 2 (BA/MIE)
- PW33: BA Media Studies and Music year 2 (BA/MSMUS)
- RW13: BA Music/French year 2 (BA/MUFR)
- WR32: BA Music/German year 2 (BA/MUGE)
- WR33: BA Music/Italian year 2 (BA/MUIT)
- W300: BA Music year 2 (BA/MUS)
- WW38: BA Music and Creative Writing year 2 (BA/MUSCW)
- WW36: BA Music and Film Studies year 2 (BA/MUSFS)
- WR34: BA Music/Spanish year 2 (BA/MUSP)
- VVW3: BA Philosophy and Religion and Music year 2 (BA/PRM)
- QW53: BA Cymraeg/Music year 2 (BA/WMU)
- W304: BMus Music (with International Experience) year 2 (BMUS/MIE)
- W302: BMUS Music year 2 (BMUS/MUS)