Financial Accounting 2
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School - (Changsha)
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Ms Wendy Ashurst
NOTE: If you are registered for BA/BSc Accounting and Finance, you must achieve a grade of at least 40% in this module in order to proceed to Year 3.
To provide further advanced coverage of financial accounting and financial reporting, by examining the objectives and contents of selected key international accounting and financial reporting standards. The focus will be on the selction and disclosure of accounting policies, accounting for joint ventures, the disposal of subsidiaries, statements of cash flows, foreign currency translation, and earnings per share. In each case current international accounting standards will be critically examined in the context of the range of accounting methods available. The course will conclude by examining the limitations of current financial reporting and the problem of creative accounting.
The content may include but will not be limited to demonstrating an understanding of the following: Accounting policies; Restatement of prior period results; Accounting for the disposal of subsidiaries and accounting for discontinued operations; Joint ventures; Statements of cash flow; Accounting for foreign currency transactions and translation; Earnings per share; Limitations of financial statements and creative accounting.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding Performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
Demonstrate an understanding of the financial statements by preparing individual and consolidated financial statements, including joint ventures and foreign currency adjustments, in accordance with international accounting and financial reporting standards.
Apply a critical and analytical approach to accounting and the development of accounting and financial reporting standards.
Understand, apply and discuss the accounting adjustments and disclosures required when a company disposes of its investment in another company.
Understand the objective, appraise the development and application of international accounting and financial reporting standards in relation to the disclosure of accounting policies, restatement of results, discontinued operations, statements of cash flow and foreign currency.
Evaluate the limitations of financial reporting and the problem of creative accounting.
|S2 Examination 2hrs||70.00|
|Class Test: MCQ||30.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Recorded tutorial: computational + theory, using pre-set examples.
Classroom lectures, including the use of worked examples to demonstrate accounting computations.
Guidance to appropriate reading, and the use of computational examples to practice accounting and financial reporting.
Discussing in more detail some of the points from the lectures and working through exam scenario questions.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Students are advised to purchase the core textbook for the course.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/asb-2716.html
Core textbook: Elliott, B. & Elliott, J. 2015. Financial Accounting and Reporting.Harlow, Pearson.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N405: BSc Accounting & Finance (Bangor College, China) year 2 (BSC/AFBC)