Merger and Acquisition
Merger and Acquisition 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 2
Theory of the firm: "Build vs Buy"; Current issues in the M&A landscape; Motives for M&A; How do mergers work? When do mergers work? Winners and losers; Valuation in the context of an acquisition; Criteria for value-adding acquisitions; Cross-border vs domestic acquisitions. Advisers in Mergers.
-threshold 50% No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
-good 60% Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills. High Standard: Very good performance. Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-excellent 70% An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Understand and evaluate critically the important economic activity of M&A.
- Understand current empirical research in the field of M&A valuation.
- Understand financial modelling related to M&A.
- Understand the implications of cross-border restructuring strategies.
- Understand the theoretical, regulatory and institutional framework of M&A.
- Undertake active research in the M&A field by applying a variety of methodologies and adjusting for a number of factors that affect synergies and performance.
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)