Rhedir gan Marketing: Bangor International College
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Mrs Laura McKenzie
This module looks at ways in which psychological training, theory and research can be applied to real-life situations. In addition to clinical, educational psychology and counselling the module also looks at forensic psychology, the impact of psychological insights in the world of business and management, in advertising and retail for example, and in urban planning. In all these areas an understanding of human attitudes, reactions and behaviours influences decision-making.
In this module students are made aware of the wide range of human activities, problems and issues are supported by psychology professionals, theories and research activities. Some applied examples are:
- Medicine and health care; clinical psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Industrial and organisational psychology; ergonomics
- Forensic and legal psychology
- Environmental Psychology
- Advertising and retail
Students study how psychology can provide solutions to real-life problems and support individuals and groups with a wide range of issues and concerns.
Threshold (D- to D+) (40-49%)
Student has provided adequate answers, demonstrating a basic knowledge and understanding of the topics studied but derived largely from materials provided
Good (C- to B+) (50-69%)
Student has provided well-organised and structured responses and shown a good knowledge and understanding of the topics studied and issues considered
Excellent (A-to A*) (70-100%)
Student has provided comprehensive and accurate responses demonstrating depth of knowledge and understanding and with insights into the theoretical and practical issues studied
Demonstrate an understanding of the role of psychology professionals in health care, education and social care
Demonstrate knowledge of how psychology theory and research may be applicable in a wide range of other contexts
Describe how psychology theory may be used to solve everyday problems
Show an awareness of how psychological research supports these applied areas
|PRAWF DOSBARTH||Interim class test||
Short answer questions set at the mid-point of the term on topics studies up to that point. Answer key.
|ASTUDIAETH ACHOS||Case study report||
Report based on a case study which requires use of problem solving skills from a psychological standpoint. Report assessment criteria.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Seminars – 40 hours -1 hour x 4 a week over a 10-week term
Private Study – reading time, preparing and taking assessments
Computer Workshops – 10 hours - an hour a week over a 10-week term to support retrieval, collation and presentation of research data
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Accessing material through specialised texts
- Written communication and report writing
- Information retrieval
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Oral communication through discussion
Meyers, D.G., DeWall, C,N.(2018) Psychology (12th edition) – Macmillan Learning
Payne, R and Jinks, G (2013) Applied Psychology: Research, Training and Practice (2nd edition) – Sage Publishing