Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
The human body is a fascinating biological machine. How this machine is functioning has puzzled scientists for centuries. In many career paths that are related to sport, health, and medicine, an intricate knowledge of Physiology is essential to be a professional. This module will introduce you in the principles of human physiology. Additionally, the module covers the basic physiological aspects of exercise and sport which will be further developed in subsequent modules.
In this module, physiological mechanisms, responses and their assessments will be taught and demonstrated to enhance understanding of the topic. Moreover, the students will be introduced to the acute physiological responses to exercise and physiological assessment techniques during practicals for better understanding of human physiology and as a foundation for future modules. Lectures will contain essential physiological mechanisms and systems for understanding the human physiology.
Assignments (two MCQs and six practical assignments) will be performed/submitted on Blackboard; to pass the module, assignments need to achieve at least 40% of the mark in a combination of MCQ, plus practical reports which need to be submitted at least with visible successful data collection.
C- i C+
To pass the module assignments with category C, the assignments on Blackboard have been passed with 52% of the total mark in combination of MCQ and practical reports. Practical reports contain data collection and simple interpretation.
To pass the module assignments with A, about 74% in total mark needs to be achieved in a combination of MCQs and with practical reports showing visible clear successful data collection, graphs and interpretation of experiments
Discuss some of the body’s acute physiological responses to exercise
Record and analyze physiological data
Explain selected principles in human physiology
Describe and explain fundamental human physiological processes
Demonstrate that they can solve physiological problems
Use of equipment for measurement of physiological parameters
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
|Practical classes and workshops||
Demonstrations and practicals teaching physiological assessment methods and performing experiments on humans; collecting and analyzing, as well as reporting and interpreting data
Lectures and online sessions will enable students to learn essentials of Human Physiology and its relation to exercise and sport. Online sessions will work on selected questions/material and will enable students to interact and engage with the lecturer and fellow students solving problems and difficulties related to the subject and to build a more comprehensive understanding of topics.
Private studies will be supported with pre-recorded lecture bites on Blackboard (about 32 hours) and recommended literature
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- research and assess paradigms, theories, principles, concepts and factual information, and apply such skills in explaining and solving problems
- critically assess and evaluate data and evidence in the context of research methodologies and data sources
- describe, synthesise, interpret, analyse and evaluate information and data relevant to a professional or vocational context
- apply knowledge to the solution of familiar and unfamiliar problems
- work effectively independently and with others
- project manage and execute practical activities using appropriate techniques and procedures whilst demonstrating high levels of relevant skills
- demonstrate evidence of competence in the scientific methods of enquiry, and interpretation and analysis of relevant data and statistical outputs.
- develop transferable skills of relevance to careers outside of sport, health and exercise sciences.
- demonstrate effective robust data collection methods
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Introduction to Human Physiology, Lauralee Sherwood, Brooks/Cole 2012 or later Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology, Martini, Nath, Bartholomew, Pearson 2014 or later Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology, Elaine N. Marieb, Pearson, 2014 and later editions. Hole’s Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology, D. Shier, J. Butler, R. Lewis, McGraw-Hill, 2014 and later editions. Widmaier EP, Raff H, Strang KT: Vander, Sherman, &Luciano’s Human Physiology, McGraw-Hill, 2007 or later
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/jxh-1054.html
Links: ebooks available from University library: Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology (https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/bangor/reader.action?docID=5186375); Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology (https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/bangor/reader.action?docID=5186130)
In addition, pre-recorded lecture bites on Blackboard
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- C611: BSc Adventure Sport Science year 1 (BSC/ASS)
- C61P: BSc Adventure Sport Science with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/ASSP)
- C681: BSc Sport & Exercise Psychology w International Experience year 1 (BSC/SEPIE)
- C616: BSc Sport and Exercise Science year 1 (BSC/SES)
- C61F: BSc Sport & Exercise Science with Foundation Year year 1 (BSC/SESF)
- C63P: BSc Sport and Exercise Science with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/SESP)
- C680: BSc Sport and Exercise Psychology year 1 (BSC/SEXP)
- C68P: BSc Sport and Exercise Psychology with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/SEXPP)
- C617: BSc Sport Science, PE & Coaching year 1 (BSC/SSCPE)
- C64P: BSc Sport Science, PE and Coaching with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/SSCPEP)
- C618: BSc Sport Sci: Strength & Conditioning year 1 (BSC/SSSC)
- C65P: BSc Sport Science: Strength & Conditioning with Placement Yr year 1 (BSC/SSSCP)
- C621: MSci Sport & Exercise Science year 1 (MSCI/SES)