Aspects of Music Education
Aspects of Music Education 2023-24
School Of Educational Sciences
Module - Semester 1
- Music Education –an historical and international perspective
- A concise survey of the main theories of Music pedagogy
- Current developments and trends in Music Education (in the UK)
- An introduction to the Music curriculum (including school visits)
- Creative and practical work in the music classroom
- Listening and appraising in the music classroom
- Music technology in the classroom
- Current themes and priorities in schools (in Wales)
- Critically evaluate and reflect on their knowledge and understanding of issues related to the education of children.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the Music curriculum and the role of music in schools.
- Demonstrate an understanding of some practical teaching skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the main theories of Music pedagogy.
- Discuss and analyse how learners learn in music.
- Place and discuss music education in its historical and international context.
1,500 word assignment
1,500 word classrom ensemble
1,000 word reflection sheets