Research in Psychological Skil
Rhedir gan School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences
10 Credyd neu 5 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr James Hardy
Mental skills interventions have become a staple way for applied sport psychologists to aid performers. In fact, they can bring about multiple outcomes/benefits for their clients. Over the years research conducted at Bangor University has been influencial in shaping applied sport psychologist's practice. In this module you will gain a critical appreciation for the contemporary research literature primarily surrounding self-talk and imagery. This is important because it will enable you to have a firm foundation to provide evidence-based mental skills, and hopefully more effective, interventions.
Being an evidence-based practitioner is key to providing an effective service to clients / performers. Furthermore, as a scientific discipline, psychology is underpinned by theory. Based on the adage that there is "nothing as practical as a good theory", this module will place emphasis on relevant theories and research based literature pertinent to the following topics:
- Information processing differences
Of note, while research is covered throughout the module, it is discussed from the perspective of "so how is this helpful for performers?" with students fully involved in getting a practical insight in to mental skills interventions.
Will have demonstrated an excellent ability to analyse and interpret case study data. Will also have an excellent and critical understanding of theories covered within the module as well as a strong ability to develop evidence-based psychological interventions. Excellent communication / presentation skills demonstrated.
Will have demonstrated a good ability to analyse and interpret case study data. Will also have a good and perhaps glimpses of critical understanding of theories covered within the module as well as a good ability to develop evidence-based psychological interventions. Good communication / presentation skills demonstrated.
Will have demonstrated a some ability to analyse and interpret case study data. Will also have some understanding of theories covered within the module as well as some ability to develop evidence-based psychological interventions. Reasonable communication / presentation skills demonstrated.
Demonstrate prolonged, active and critical engagement with module material
Understanding and critical application of contemporary mental skills literature
Devise an effective and justifiable psychological skills intervention programme
|LLYFR LOG NEU BORTFFOLIO||Poster||
To provide better insight into the real world of mental skills interventions, this assignment involves a mock-up case study and the development of a bespoke evidence-based intervention.
|PRAWF DOSBARTH||Applied Implications online MCQs - 12th October||
To remind students about the importance of interpreting data from an applied perspective, a fundamental feature of the module, a quiz covering applied implications is scheduled for an early date in the semester.
|GWAITH CWRS||Critical Engagement||
This element of the modules reflects students' engagement in both seminar and gymnastics practical sessions.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
|Practical classes and workshops||4|
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- demonstrate effective written and/or oral communication and presentation skills
- work effectively independently and with others
- accurately interpret case study data
- develop justifiable and/or evidence-based interventions
- develop effective learning aids
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/jxh-3033.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- C680: BSc Sport and Exercise Psychology year 3 (BSC/SEXP)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- CR6H: BA Italian/Sports Science year 4 (BA/ITSSC)
- CR61: BA Sports Science/French year 4 (BA/SPSFR)
- CR62: BA Sports Science/German year 4 (BA/SPSG)
- CR6K: BA Spanish/Sports Science year 4 (BA/SPSSC)
- CQ65: BA Cymraeg/Sports Science year 3 (BA/SPSW)
- C611: BSc Adventure Sport Science year 3 (BSC/ASS)
- CB69: BSC Sport, Health & Exercise Sci. year 3 (BSC/SHES)
- C651: BSC Sport- Health & Physical Educ year 3 (BSC/SHPE)
- C615: BSc Sport Science (Outdoor Recreation) year 3 (BSC/SOAC)
- C600: BSC Sports Science year 3 (BSC/SPS)
- C603: BSc Sports Science year 3 (BSC/SPSC)
- C6N1: BSc Sport Science & Business Manage (Subject to Validation) year 3 (BSC/SSB)
- C604: BSc Sports Science (with International Experience) year 4 (BSC/SSIE)
- C602: BSC Sport Science (ODA) year 3 (BSC/SSOA)
- 2W68: BSc Sports Science (Outdoor Activities) (with Int Exp) year 4 (BSC/SSOIE)
- C612: MSci Adventure Sport Science year 3 (MSCI/ASS)
- C608: MSci Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences year 3 (MSCI/SHS)
- C607: MSci Sport Science year 3 (MSCI/SS)
- C609: MSci Sport Science (Outdoor Activities) year 3 (MSCI/SSOA)