Project Management for Computer Professionals
Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
10.000 Credydau neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr David Edward Perkins
This module will introduce learners to the main concepts behind project management. The learners will examine the main project management methodologies used in current business practice. The module will also allow learners to understand the requirements of practical project management in terms of the main stages through which a typical project will progress.
Indicative content includes:
● Project Manager characteristics
● Project Management methodologies: Scrum, Agile, PRINCE2
● An introduction to the main themes of project management: Organisation, Planning, Quality Management, Risk management, Change Management
● Use of technology in project management
● Methods of reflection on individual and group performance.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Understanding of the processes of stakeholder identification, budget and risk analysis
Examine, compare and contrast project management methodologies.
|Project Management Methodologies Report||30.00|
|Group Project Management||50.00|
|Individual Evaluation Report||20.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
The tutor directed student learning will be supported by online learning materials hosted or signposted on VLE.
The classroom-based element will include student-centred learning methods such as interactive lectures, case studies, group discussions and practical workshops.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Recognise legal, social, ethical & professional issues
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and economic issues
- Knowledge of management techniques to achieve objectives
- Deploy tools effectively
- Work as a member of a development team
- Development of general transferable skills
- Methods, techniques and tools for information modelling, management and security
- Defining problems, managing design process and evaluating outcomes
- Principles of appropriate supporting engineering and scientific disciplines
Barker, S., 2013. Brilliant PRINCE2: What You Really Need to Know About PRINCE2 . Pearson.
Billingham, V., 2008. Project Management: How to Plan and Deliver a Successful Project . Studymates Ltd.
Buttrick, R., 2013. The Project Workout: The ultimate handbook of project and programme management . Prentice Hall
Carroll, J., 2012. Agile Project Management In Easy Step s. In Easy Steps Ltd.
Morgan, J. and Dale, C., 2013. Managing IT Projects For Business Change: From Risk to Success . BCS.
Stark, E., 2014. Project Management For Beginners: Proven Project Management Methods To Complete . Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- H115: BSc Applied Cyber Security (Degree Apprenticeship) year 2 (BSC/ACS)
- H119: BSc Applied Cyber Security (Coleg Cambria) year 2 (BSC/ACSC)
- H116: BSc Applied Data Science (Degree Apprenticeship) year 2 (BSC/ADS)
- H120: BSc Applied Data Science (Degree Apprentice - Coleg Cambria) year 2 (BSC/ADSC)
- H300: BSc Applied Software Engineering (Deg Apprenticeship GLlM) year 2 (BSC/ASE)