Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20 Credyd neu 10 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Llyr Ap Cenydd
Familiarise students with computer software, tools and techniques. Support taught courses by looking at practical examples that highlight important computer science concepts. Develop logical problem solving skills.
Indicative content includes:
- Intermediate level programming exercises using C#. Continuing use of an appropriate software development environment.
- Introduction to SQL databases available and configuration of an SQL database
- Building a database structure in an embedded SQL database and populating the tables with a set of data provided
- Use of library classes; e.g. lists, stacks, queues, maps, sets, trees; definition of new data types; classes as attributes; encapsulation
- Understanding the exception mechanisms found in C#. try-catch statements.
- Windows GUIs with WPF applications.
- Investigate and utilize advanced features. E.g. Sockets, Threading and Events.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Ability to follow a development process, from design to testing.
Prepare and implement appropriate responses to unexpected, inappropriate, or illegal input to avoid unhandled errors.
Capture requirements and convert those into the appropriate application logic, using intermediary pseudo-code where necessary.
Construct appropriate defect reports and their uses to limit the number of defects in software.
Demonstrate intermediate-level Programming Skills using C#, including the use of library and support classes.
|PRAWF DOSBARTH||Syntax Class Test||
C# Syntax Test assessed via Blackboard. Time allowed includes all PLSP adjustments, and is applied to everyone.
|Written assignment, including essay||Development Portfolio||
A set of defined software design documents, including a specification detailing the software to be produced.
|GWAITH CWRS||Final Program||
Programming assessment to implement the designed product.
|GWAITH CWRS||Test Plan Exercise||
Execute and improve a provided test plan, constructing appropriate defect reports for any issues found.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Taught material including syntax, algorithmics and problem analysis.
Laboratory exercises and drills.
Individual research and reading based on sign-posted material.
Development, construction, documentation and testing of the students' portfolio work.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Use of such knowledge in modelling and design
- Problem solving strategies
- Analyse if/how a system meets current and future requirements
- Deploy theory in design, implementation and evaluation of systems
- Specify, design or construct computer-based systems
- Deploy tools effectively
- Development of general transferable skills
- Deploy systems to meet business goals
- Methods, techniques and tools for information modelling, management and security
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain information systems
- Defining problems, managing design process and evaluating outcomes
- System Design
- Knowledge and/or understanding of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
- Knowledge and understanding of computational modelling
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Students will benefit from having access to a Windows-based computer with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Community installed. This software can be downloaded from http://www.visualstudio.com for free. Laboratory and Open Access machines are equipped with this software if students do not have their own resources.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/ice-2102.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- I110: BSc Computer Information Systems year 2 (BSC/CIS)
- I11B: BSc Computer Information Systems (4 year with Incorp Found) year 2 (BSC/CIS1)
- IN00: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business year 2 (BSC/CISB)
- IN0B: BSc Computer Information Sys for Bus (4 year w Incorp Found) year 2 (BSC/CISB1)