Appl Biomechanics & Anatomy
Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
How can athletes adjust their technique and change their training to improve their physical performances and prevent sports injuries? This module introduces concepts of functional anatomy and biomechanics fundamental to the quantitative analysis of human movement in sport and exercise.
Topics may include: (1) Foundations of human movement in sport and exercise (2) Human anatomy applied to sport and exercise (3) Biomechanical units of measurements (4) Linear kinematics (5) Angular kinematics (6) Linear kinetics (7) Angular kinetics (8) Laws of motion (9) Projectiles (10) Fluid mechanics
Good grasp of the key biomechanical and anatomical concepts together with a reasonable understanding of how to apply these in the sport setting. Workings for calculations will be present, but with errors.
Basic/appropriate knowledge of the key biomechanical and anatomical concepts together with a basic understanding of how to apply these in the sport settings. Workings for calculations will likely be present but may contain many errors.
Excellent knowledge of biomechanical and anatomical concepts and calculations, together with a very good understanding of how to apply these in a sport setting. Workings for calculations will be clear and thorough, with very few errors.
Ability to apply the mathematical computations fundamental to quantitative analysis and interpretation of human movement.
Ability to describe Newton's laws of motion and their relevance to sports and exercise.
Ability to use the correct biomechanical units of measurements.
Ability to describe the fundamental principles of kinematics and kinetics in linear and angular motions.
Ability to describe the appropriate anatomical terminology in human movements.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Nine 2-hour lectures will cover fundamental aspects of functional anatomy and biomechanics (2 hours x 9 lectures).
Students are encouraged to invest two hours ahead of each lecture/workshop to go over the required reading and three hours following each lecture/workshop to recap lecture notes and complete the weekly formative assessment (5 hours x 10 lecture/workshop). In addition, students are recommended to invest 30 hours of self-study in preparation for the exam.
In the formative workshop (2 hours x 1 workshop), the lecturer will guide the students through content-based practical exercises to help to prepare for the exam.
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- apply knowledge to the solution of familiar and unfamiliar problems
- work effectively independently and with others
- take and demonstrate responsibility for their own learning and continuing personal and professional development
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Books will be available through the Library services.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/jxh-1057.html
This is a new module and does not yet exist in the Talis reading list system. Talis reading list will be created when this module is eligible. Example readings will include:
Hamill, J., Knutzen, K. M., & Derrick, T. R. (in press / available soon). Biomechanical Basis of Human Movement (5th Ed.). Wolters Kluwer
McGinnis, P. M. (2020). Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise (4th Ed.). Human Kinetics
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- C616: BSc Sport and Exercise Science year 1 (BSC/SES)
- C61F: BSc Sport & Exercise Science with Foundation Year year 1 (BSC/SESF)
- C63P: BSc Sport and Exercise Science with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/SESP)
- C618: BSc Sport Sci: Strength & Conditioning year 1 (BSC/SSSC)
- C65P: BSc Sport Science: Strength & Conditioning with Placement Yr year 1 (BSC/SSSCP)
- C621: MSci Sport & Exercise Science year 1 (MSCI/SES)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- C611: BSc Adventure Sport Science year 1 (BSC/ASS)
- C61P: BSc Adventure Sport Science with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/ASSP)
- C617: BSc Sport Science, PE & Coaching year 1 (BSC/SSCPE)
- C64P: BSc Sport Science, PE and Coaching with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/SSCPEP)