Behaviour Management 2022-23
School Of Educational Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
- Analysis of the concepts of behaviour management, current research and theories, equality of rights and opportunity, entitlement, access, and inclusion within the evolving legislative framework;
- Recent legislation and reports relating to Wales;
- Current parliamentary acts relating to children and education;
- The Inspection framework especially relating to the inspection of pupil referral units;
- The role of the local education authority in responding to the above legislation and evidence from research of good practice that appears to be effective in the area of behaviour management;
- The continuum of provision available in managing behaviour and how this relates to current practice locally, nationally, and internationally.
-threshold -PASS : 40-49%:Some consideration given to planning and structure, limited in depth of analysis and use of research, but demonstrating some understanding of the subject matter.PASS : 50-59%:Clear evidence of planning leading to a good structure, sound understanding of theories and analysis, and good use of research supported by appropriate evidence.
-good -MERIT : 60-69% :Shows significant insight, offers sustained and relevant analysis, well researched and referenced and written with a clear structure and style.
-excellent -DISTINCTION : 70-84%: Demonstrates excellence in power of analysis, argument, originality, range of research, organisation and stylistic quality.DISTINCTION : 85-100%:Outstanding work which demonstrates exceptional scholarship and is worthy of publication, or instrumental in developing professional practice.
- Critically address the issues surrounding the concept of behaviour management, including discipline, bullying, exclusion, and home-school agreements.
- Critically evaluate current educational practices and how they impact upon the behaviourally disordered pupil.
- Critically reflect upon the implications of implementing the current legal and policy framework.
- Define the concepts of behaviour management both within and beyond the current legislative framework.
- Implement behaviour management strategies in a variety of educational settings from classroom to local education authority.
- Implement the statutory entitlements of behaviourally disordered pupils within an evolving legislative framework.