Music, Health and Wellbeing A
Rhedir gan School of Music and Media
10 Credyd neu 5 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Gwawr Ifan
• Develop a solid understanding of the importance of music as a means to impact upon individuals and communities on a social, emotional and psychological level.
• Develop an understanding of the acknowledgement given to music in the field of health and wellbeing in a historical context, especially focussing on the Ancient Greeks.
• Acquire a solid understanding of the way in which music is used to impact health and wellbeing in healthcare settings and/or the education system in the 20th/21st century.
• Developed skills in researching the most recent scientific developments relating to recent developments in the field of music, health and wellbeing today.
In this module, there will be an opportunity to consider the impact that music can have in a psychological, emotional and social context. We will also consider music in a medical context, and will study the connections between music, health and wellbeing from a variety of historical and cultural perspectives. There will be an opportunity to focus on the importance of music in healing in Ancient Greece, as well as the most current and innovative ways in which music is used in scientific and therapeutic research relating to health and wellbeing.
Work which displays basic, restricted knowledge of the subject, with simple ability at conceptual thought, and a limited awareness of issues, but has some evidence of a generally intellectual approach, with fair expression
Work which displays a thorough grasp of the subject, with evidence of further study, deeper thought, originality of approach and excellent written skills
The work should display a sound grasp of the subject, a good level of conceptual thought, awareness of the main issues, with evidence of intellectual acumen and good expression
On completing the module students will be able to analyse the use of music as a means to impact upon individuals and communities on a social, emotional and psychological level.
On completing the module students will be able to evaluate the acknowledgement given to music in the field of health and wellbeing in a historical context.
On completing the module students will be able to analyse the way in which music is used to impact health and wellbeing in healthcare settings and/or the education system in the 20th/21st century.
On completing the module students will be able to express their opinions on relevant literature and research relating to recent developments in the field of music, health and wellbeing.
On completing the module students will be able to apply their observation skills to evaluate a musical event in a healthcare setting in the community, and to analyse the impact that music may have on health and wellbeing.
Report topics are provided in the module handbook.
Presentation topics are provided in the module handbook.
Essay questions are provided in the module handbook.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Intellectual skills specific to Music – contextual knowledge, cultural awareness, critical understanding, repertoire knowledge, curiosity, analytical demonstration
- Intellectual skills shared with other disciplines – research and exploration, reasoning and logic, understanding, critical judgement, assimilation and application
- Skills of communication and interaction – oral and written communication, public presentation, team-working and collaboration, awareness of professional protocols, sensitivity, ICT skills, etc.
- Skills of personal management – self-motivation, self-critical awareness, independence, entrepreneurship and employment skills, time management and reliability, organisation, etc.
- Enhanced powers of imagination and creativity (4.17)
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/wxm-2187.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- W3P3: BA Astudiaethau'r Cyfr & Cherdd year 2 (BA/ACC)
- WW93: BA Creative Studies and Music year 2 (BA/CSTMUS)
- 32N6: BA English Literature and Music year 2 (BA/ELM)
- VW23: BA Hanes Cymru a Cherddoriaeth year 2 (BA/HCAC)
- VW13: BA History and Music year 2 (BA/HMU)
- W3H6: BA Music and Electronic Engineering year 2 (BA/MEE)
- WV33: Music & Hist & Welsh Hist (IE) year 2 (BA/MHIE)
- W303: BA Music (with International Experience) year 2 (BA/MIE)
- PW33: BA Media Studies and Music year 2 (BA/MSMUS)
- RW13: BA Music/French year 2 (BA/MUFR)
- WR32: BA Music/German year 2 (BA/MUGE)
- WR33: BA Music/Italian year 2 (BA/MUIT)
- W300: BA Music year 2 (BA/MUS)
- WW38: BA Music and Creative Writing year 2 (BA/MUSCW)
- WW36: BA Music and Film Studies year 2 (BA/MUSFS)
- WR34: BA Music/Spanish year 2 (BA/MUSP)
- VVW3: BA Philosophy and Religion and Music year 2 (BA/PRM)
- QW53: BA Cymraeg/Music year 2 (BA/WMU)
- W304: BMus Music (with International Experience) year 2 (BMUS/MIE)
- W302: BMUS Music year 2 (BMUS/MUS)