Management Accounting 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 1 & 2
The module is taught over 2 semesters and covers budgets and pricing for planning. Decision making including through put accounting. Standard costing and budgetary systems to help control the organisation and various aspects of performance measurement. These provide the student with the knowledge to apply advanced management accounting techniques in organisations.
-threshold -D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
-good -B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-excellent -A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-another level-C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Calculate and explain basic and advanced variances in a standard costing system, including mix and yield and planning and operational variances.
- Describe the application of a variety of budgetary systems in various organisational.
- Discuss the measurement of organisational and divisional performance in the private and public sectors, including an explanation of the effect of transfer pricing methods upon organisational and divisional decision making.
- Identify how management accounting can provide support for corporate strategic aims.
- Understand and apply a range of specialist cost and management accounting techniques
- Understand and apply management accounting techniques used in planning, control and decision-making within organisations.