MSc Individual Project
MSc Individual Project 2023-24
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 3
Project topics are varied and specific to the discipline. Students are able to select their own in consultation with academic staff.
Electronic Engineering examples include communication systems, sensors, optoelectronics, polymer electronics, bioelectronics, signal processing, real time systems, distributed networks, robotics, and control systems.
Computer Science examples include databases, data analysis, artificial intelligence, computer graphics, gaming, virtual environments, computer vision, visualisation, and pattern recognition.
-threshold -Equivalent to 50%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence. -good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication. -excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevant areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Choose appropriate forms to communicate findings of their work, including summarising related works, to academics, peers and the wider community.
- Construct/develop a suitable solution to underlying an problem or research questions using state-of-the-art methods and ideas.
- Critically evaluate scientific works for their worth to the given project.
- Devise and manage a project plan to ensure delivery of the project.
- Exercise self-management and discipline to achieve the goal within the project constraints.
Individual Project dissertation