Equity and Trusts
Rhedir gan School of History, Law and Social Sciences
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Marie Parker
Equity and Trusts is a compulsory module in the LLB programme. The main aim of the module is to provide the students with a sound academic knowledge of the law of trusts. The purpose which this serves is to equip the students with the skills which they will need for the study of other subjects, particularly land law and wills and succession, in which a sound grasp of equity and trusts is essential.
The module will allow the student to study the relationship between Equity and Common Law and cover areas of trusts as used for family or commercial or for public charitable purposes.
A study will be made of express, resulting and constructive trusts of property, trustees powers and obligations and the nature and scope of fiduciary obligations. The student will be able to identify the nature and scope of equitable rights and equitable remedies including tracing, freezing injunctions, search orders, specific performance, imposition of personal liability to account as constructive trustee, estoppel entitlements to property or compensation and the developing principle of unconscionability.
An answer which, while predominantly correct in its presentation of material, contains a significant level of error and is therefore not entirely reliable.
A comprehensive answer, containing all the material relevant to the question and no irrelevancy, all the material and references being accurate and correct, there being no inaccuracy or error, the whole presented in an argument which, while clear, logical and critical, leaves room for improvement in its construction and presentation.An answer which shows complete competence in the subject.
An outstanding, possibly brilliant, answer,containing all the material relevant to the question and no irrelevancy, all the material and references being accurate and correct, there being no inaccuracy or error, the whole presented in a clear, logical, critical argument with little room for improvement. An answer which demonstrates a complete mastery of the subject.
Demonstrate a knowledge of the distinction between the legal estate and the equitable interest and to be aware of the distinction between real and personal property
Be able to identify the key requirements for the creation of a valid express trust and to be able to cite all relevant statutory authority and common law principles in connection therewith.
Have an understanding of implied trusts, and to show an appreciation of the underlying conceptual and theoretical basis for such trusts.
Show an understanding of the key distinction between a breach of fiduciary duty and breach of trust.
Show an awareness of the differences between the personal and proprietary remedies of beneficiaries.
Be able to apply their knowledge to accurately state when an account has either been surcharged or falsified and to be able to state accurately when and how beneficiaries can avail themselves of the ability to trace into assets, using common law and equitable principles.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Tutorials will routinely require students to engage individually and in groups in acquiring, commenting upon, critically evaluating and applying the principles and details of the subject under the guidance and instruction of the teaching team.
The module will consist of 40 hours of lectures
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Develop the ability to interpret legal rules and employ techniques of legal reasoning competently and efficiently in order to offer a range of solutions and conclusions to actual or hypothetical complex legal problems, all supported by relevant academic literature, jurisprudence and legislative research. Such solutions will be clearly communicated and presented
- Develop the ability to analyse complex legal issues, set against the background of the political, social, economic or cultural contexts in which they may arise
- Develop those skills which are necessary for scholarship and research in legal subjects, namely the ability to identify relevant primary and secondary legal sources and to retrieve accurate legal information using paper and electronic sources
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/sxl-2211.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
Cydofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- M115: LLB Law with English Literature (International Experience) year 2 (LLB/ILEL)
- M100: LLB Law year 2 (LLB/L)
- M11B: LLB Law (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (LLB/L1)
- M1N4: LLB Law with Acc and Finance year 2 (LLB/LAF)
- M1NB: LLB Law with Accounting & Finance (4yr with Incorp Found) year 2 (LLB/LAF1)
- M101: LLB Law (2 year) year 2 (LLB/LAW2)
- M1N1: LLB Law with Business Studies year 2 (LLB/LBS)
- MN1B: LLB Law with Business (4year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (LLB/LBS1)
- MT12: LLB Law with Chinese (International Experience) year 2 (LLB/LCIE)
- M1W1: LLB Law with Creative Media Writing year 2 (LLB/LCMW)
- M1W2: LLB Law with Creative Media Writing (International Exp) year 2 (LLB/LCMWI)
- M116: LLB Law with French (European Experience) year 2 (LLB/LFE)
- M117: LLB Law with German (European Experience) year 2 (LLB/LGE)
- M1V1: LLB Law with History year 2 (LLB/LH)
- M1V2: LLB Law with History (International Experience) year 2 (LLB/LHI)
- M102: LLB Law (International Experience) year 2 (LLB/LI)
- M103: LLB Law with Accounting & Finance (Intl Exp) year 2 (LLB/LIA)
- M104: LLB Law with Business Studies (International Experience) year 2 (LLB/LIB)
- M108: LLB Law with Social Policy (International Experience) year 2 (LLB/LIF)
- M110: LLB Law with Welsh (International Experience) year 2 (LLB/LIH)
- M113: LLB Law with Criminology (Intl Exp) year 2 (LLB/LIK)
- M118: LLB Law with Italian (European Experience) year 2 (LLB/LITE)
- M1P1: LLB Law with Media Studies year 2 (LLB/LMS)
- M1P2: LLB Law with Media Studies (International Experience) year 2 (LLB/LMSI)
- M1V5: LLB Law with Philosophy and Religion year 2 (LLB/LPR)
- M1C8: LLB Law with Psychology year 2 (LLB/LPSY)
- M119: LLB Law with Spanish (European Experience) year 2 (LLB/LSE)
- M1L4: LLB Law with Social Policy year 2 (LLB/LSP)
- M1LB: LLB Law with Social Policy (4 yr with Incorp Foundation) year 2 (LLB/LSP1)
- M1Q5: LLB Law with Welsh year 2 (LLB/LW)
- M1M9: LLB Law with Criminology year 2 (LLB/LWCR)
- M1MB: LLB Law with Criminology (4 yr with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (LLB/LWCR1)
- M1MP: LLB Law with Criminology with Placement Year year 2 (LLB/LWCRP)
- M1QK: LLB Law with English Literature year 2 (LLB/LWEL)
- M1M0: LLB English Law and French Law year 2 (LLB/UKLFL)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- NM11: BA Business and Law year 2 (BA/BUSALAW)
- NM1B: BA Business and Law (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BA/BUSLAW1)