Behav Man & Nurturing Schools
Behaviour Management & Nurtuting Schools 2023-24
Ysgol Gwyddorau Addysgol
Modiwl - Semester 2
This course content will include but is not limited to the following areas of study:
- core concepts of the most effective evidence based behaviour management practices, current research and theories
- The new curriculum in Wales and the related legislation and how it might effect behaviour and the management of behaviour of in schools
- How to develop positive nurturing environments in schools that model and teach effective self-emotional regulation for effective learning environments
- Response to Intervention (RTI) framework - a model to help ‘every’ child achieve their best
- The fundamentals of school-wide systems of managing relationships and behaviour and emotional wellbeing for staff and pupils
- Formal and informal assessment of pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- A critical awareness and understanding of whole school issues relating to relationship and behaviour management and meeting the needs of pupils with additional learning needs, particularly social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Integration of key concepts from Childhood and Youth studies into school environments
-threshold -PASS : 50-59%: Clear evidence of planning leading to a good structure, sound understanding of theories andanalysis, and good use of research supported by appropriate evidence. Limited generalisation of implications for practice settings.
-good -MERIT :60-69% : Shows significant insight, offers sustained and relevant analysis, well researched and referenced and written with a clear structure and style. Clearly demonstrates understanding of generalisation of implications for practice settings.
-excellent -DISTINCTION : 70-84%: Demonstrates excellence in power of analysis, argument, originality, range of research, organisation and stylistic quality. Excellent understanding of generalisation of implications for practice settings. DISTINCTION : 85-100%: Outstanding work which demonstrates exceptional scholarship and is worthy of publication, or instrumental in developing professional practice. Exemplary understanding of generalisation of implications for practice settings.
- Critically evaluate the process of formal and informal assessment of pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Critically evaluate current educational practices and how they impact upon the behaviour
- Critically evaluate the Response to Intervention (RTI) framework and explain how a school-wide system of managing relationships and behaviour and emotional wellbeing for staff and pupils can enable ‘every’ child achieve their best
- Critically evaluate the concepts of behaviour management and beyond the and describe how they interact with current legislative framework.
- Critically evaluate the principles of positive nurturing environments in schools and how these help model effective self-emotional regulation
- Critically evaluate, based on best evidence, how issues surrounding the concept of behaviour management, including discipline, bullying, exclusion, and home-school agreements can be most effectively addressed.
- Describe how effective behaviour management strategies can be implemented with fidelity in a variety of educational settings from classroom to local education authority.
- Explain how whole school issues relating to relationships and behaviour management meet the needs of pupils with additional learning needs, particularly social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
An essay on classroom management strategies