Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Sonya Hanna
The globalization of companies is the involvement of customers, producers, suppliers, retailers and other stakeholders in the global marketing process. International marketing reflects the trend of companies selling products and services across national boundaries. This module provides an overview of contemporary international marketing issues as well as the international marketing planning process.
The content will cover the key concepts, theories and issues involved in international marketing including the influence of the macro-environment, on international marketing. Students will assess different market entry modes available to companies and consider the challenges surrounding the design of the international marketing mix for different international markets.
Excellent (A- to A* / 70+ %) An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- i C+
Average Standard (C- to C+ / 50 - 59 %) Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Satisfactory Standard (D- to D+ / 40 - 49%) No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
High Standard (B- to B+ / 60-69%) Very good performance. Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Demonstrate an understanding of the theories and principles underlying international marketing.
Apply judgement and analytical skill to international marketing practice.
Analyse the factors influencing marketers in developing/implementing international marketing practice.
Evaluate professional/commercial and academic literature.
For a brand of your choice, you are to analyse and evaluate the implementation of its international marketing plan.
1 hour written examination consisting of either: multiple choice, OR a choice of essay questions 1 of which is to be answered - each essay question maybe divided into sub-questions with each sub-question commanding a number of marks.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
One 2-hour lecture per week for 10 weeks, and 2 additional 1-hour sessions in weeks 2 (23) and 9 (31).
78 hrs study required outside formal timetabled session.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Global Marketing by Svend Hollensen (2017), Pearson Education.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- R1N1: BA French with Marketing year 4 (BA/FRMKT)
- R2N1: BA German with Marketing year 4 (BA/GERMKT)
- N500: BA Marketing year 3 (BA/MK)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 4 (BA/MKITAL)
- N5R1: BA Marketing with French year 4 (BA/MKTFR)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 4 (BA/MKTGER)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 4 (BA/MKTSP#)
- R4N5: BA Spanish with Marketing year 4 (BA/SPMKT)
- N503: BSc Marketing (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICMRK)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKT)
- N50B: BSc Marketing (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/MKT1)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- N107: BA Business year 3 (BA/BUS)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 4 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/BSMKT1)