Sports Law 2022-23
School Of History, Law And Social Sciences
Module - Semester 1
The module will allow students to study a range of issues within Sports Law, including, but not limited to, the following:
- the governance and regulation of sport in a variety of contexts;
- issues surrounding the integrity of sport, including anti-doping;
- commercial issues within sport, including broadcasting rights and other contracts within sport,
- the role of EU law in the development of sports law;
- contemporary and developing issues within sport.
-threshold -D- to D+ (40-49%) An answer which, while predominantly correct in its presentation of material, contains a significant level of error and is therefore not entirely reliable. -good -B- to B+ (60-69%) High Standard: A comprehensive answer, containing all the material relevant to the question and no irrelevancy, all the material and references being accurate and correct, there being no inaccuracy or error, the whole presented in an argument which, while clear, logical and critical, leaves room for improvement in its construction and presentation. An answer which shows complete competence in the subject. -excellent -A- to A* (70+%) An outstanding, possibly brilliant, answer, containing all the material relevant to the question and no irrelevancy, all the material and references being accurate and correct, there being no inaccuracy or error, the whole presented in a clear, logical, critical argument with little room for improvement. An answer which demonstrates a complete mastery of the subject. -another level-C- to C+ (50-59%) An answer which, while always in the main accurate and correct, fails to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant material and is lacking in criticism. An answer which while reliable with regard to correctness is either not comprehensive or not entirely pertinent.
- Appraise the basic principles and doctrines of sports law, including the ability propose and justify new links between those principles and doctrines reflecting the fundamental dynamic and relationship between law and sport.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the law, regulations, or other rules and apply that knowledge to actual or hypothetical factual scenarios occurring in a sporting context.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of, and the ability to apply, relevant legal rules, principles, and processes of dispute resolution within the specific context of sport.
- Demonstrate a high level of skill in articulating, structuring, and applying sophisticated arguments to actual or hypothetical factual scenarios, and to present those arguments in writing, in the appropriate manner.
- Identify, synthesise and critically evaluate relevant sources in relation to sports law, in its national, continental and/or global contexts.
- Show a comprehensive understanding, critically analyse and evaluate contemporary and developing issues within the context of sports law.