Advanced Data Management
Advanced Data Management and Analytics 2023-24
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Indicative content includes:
- Data Marts and Warehouses and how they manage data collections.
- Big Data and the 4 Vs (Volume, Variety, Velocity and Veracity).
- Data Quality, the meaning and methods to raise it.
- Data Mining, extracting meaning from data.
- Analysis Tools and processes used to describe and evaluate data collections.
- Construct an appropriate data warehouse for a given data set.
- Critically discuss the various methods for storage large or Big Data data sets.
- Demonstrate skills to suitably sanitise a given data set.
- Explain the definitions and examples of the various types of analytical data.