Financial Accounting 1
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School - (Changsha)
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Ms Wendy Ashurst
NOTE: If you are registered for BA/BSc Accounting and Finance, you must achieve a grade of at least 40% in this module in order to proceed to Year 3.
To provide advanced coverage of financial accounting and financial reporting, by examining the objectives and contents of selected key international accounting and financial reporting standards. The focus will be on the presentation of financial statements for publication, consolidated financial statements for groups of companies, equity accounting for associated companies, and tangible and intangible non-current and current assets. In each case current international accounting standards will be critically examined in the context of the range of accounting methods available.
Presentation of financial statements under international accounting standards; accounting for inventory; property, plant & equipment, including investment property; government grants; borrowing costs; intangible assets; impairment of assets; legal requirements of group accounting and preparation of financial statements for groups; accounting for associated companies.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding Performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Understand the objective, development and application of international accounting and financial reporting standards in relation to the presentation of financial statements, non-current assets, and inventory.
Prepare consolidated financial statements, including associates, in accordance with international accounting and financial reporting standards.
Apply a critical and analytical approach to accounting and the development of accounting and financial reporting standards.
Understand the different types of relationships that can exist when a company invests in another company, including associates and subsidiaries, and apply the appropriate accounting methods.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Classroom lectures, including the use of worked examples to demonstrate accounting computations.
Self-study, to include: - reading; - preparation towards lectures and tutorials; - practising and working on lecture and tutorial material; - practising and answering additional questions, including past exam papers and class tests, textbooks etc.; and - preparation towards the exam and class test.
Computational workshops, using pre-set examples.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Students are advised to purchase the core textbook for the course.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/asb-2715.html
Core textbook: Elliott, B. & Elliott, J. 2019. Financial Accounting and Reporting. 19th Edition, Pearson.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N405: BSc Accounting & Finance (Bangor College, China) year 2 (BSC/AFBC)